Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Proverbs 31:17- An Eager Attitude


"She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms." 
Proverbs 31:17

to do list
source

How often do we not get things done because we lack motivation, focus, and discipline. Elizabeth focuses on these as she looks at the Proverbs 31 woman.

Man, can these be hard. I am very good at making a list, but not always as good about following through and finishing this list. 

The Proverbs 31 woman knows that her goal is to build her home. Do I keep that goal in the back of my mind? If my mind is not ready to go, then I will never get anything done physically.

Have you ever done a job, not really wanting to do it? Did you get the job done quickly? Probably not! I need to get my mind in gear so that I can complete a job quickly and efficiently.

How-To's of Beauty

Get ready, there are several. If you are anything like me, then they will be a good reminder!

#1 Embrace God's will for you life- This passage in Proverbs 31 gives us a good outline of what the Proverbs 31 woman looks like. Study out her goals and make them yours!

#2 Stay in God's Word- I read this one and think, oh that is easy. How easy is it just to check it off the list and get nothing out of it?

#3 Develop a vision- Look at the big picture and what you are trying to accomplish by doing the little mundane things.

#4 Tap into the why- "The secret of discipline is motivation. When a man (or woman) is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."

#5 Pray for an eager attitude- Be thankful for another day to serve and love

#6 Create a schedule- I want to know if any of you have any sort of schedule that works for you for daily and weekly jobs around the house?

#7 Develop a routine- I never thought about this, but the more of a routine that you have, the less that you have to decide in the mornings. Interesting.

#8 Read books on time management- This makes me think of my days on encounter. Very helpful!

#9 Tackle the worst first- Ugh! Very true, but not fun...until that grossness is over.

#10 Play music- Give yourself some energy.

#11 See how quickly you can work- I love a little competition. Even if it is with myself!

#12 Consider yourself- I really like this poem

"You"
All that stands between your goal
And the deeds you hope to do
And the dreams which stir your soul----
Is you!
-Mac-Sim-Ology

You can find the previous posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...