Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Proverbs 31:16 A Field of Dreams


The title of this make me think of the movie Field of Dreams. "If you build it they will come." My family did make the trek all the way to this corn field. They built it and we came! 
Field of Dreams
source
Proverbs 31:16
“She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a vineyard.”

We are told that this woman considers, acquires, and renovates this land. I love the fact that this lady is a visionary about what is in front of her. Not only does she have a vision, but she follows through on getting it started.

A lady I use to work with said that she starts many businesses in her head, but never does anything with them. She said it saved her money that way!

Sometimes we need to research out those dreams and pursue them! 

Elizabeth’s How-To’s of Beauty

#1 Desire God’s beauty

#2 Devote yourself to God’s goals- Elizabeth quickly points out that this means that family comes first.

I also serve because I want God’s beauty and not because of what I can get from serving. Many times, I try to figure out what I can get in return for what I do. Not always a good thing.

#3 Your husband is paramount

#4 Creativity abounds- find something you love to do for your family. Once you have mastered this, let it grown into something more!

#5 Dare to dream!

#6 Do the work! Behind every success is hard work.
I am not on this earth to build a business. I am on this earth to build a home. I need to make sure that I keep that in perspective. 

What have you been doing for your home recently that you would like to take to the next level?

You can find the previous posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...