Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prov 31: A Sparkling Jewel

One of my friends texted me the other day to tell me that she is rereading Beautiful in God's Eyes for the third time. Does this tell you how good of a book this is? I am encouraged by this friend who has strived to be a woman of virtue while she is single.
Pinned Image
image from here
“for her price is far above rubies.” Prov 31:10b

Elizabeth went to Israel with the purpose of finding out as much as she could about the Proverbs 31 woman. The first thing on her list that she wanted to see were the jewels in the land. She toured the museums looking for jewels, but anything of value had been taken years ago by conquering armies.
What she did find in the museum surprised her. Very primitive life gave signs of hardworking people and bare essentials when it came to the home. How exciting is that for your husband to come home to? Bare essentials. Elizabeth says that the Proverbs 31 woman is the sparkling jewel to her husband. “She brought the love, the color, the joy, the life, and the energy to the home.”
Would I as a woman be tempted to complain that I only have the bare essentials?
Would my husband be able to say that I am the joy to the home? No matter the circumstances, I bring the joy to the home.
The how–to’s of beauty for this chapter are
#1 Grow in Practical Skills
#2 Grow in Emotional Stability
What are some practical ways that you can think of to help ladies grow in these two areas? The first is probably easier to figure out ways to grow in than the second.

You can find the previous post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...