Thursday, July 19, 2012

Book Review: Lewis: The Fiddler

Beverly Lewis is a very well known author to me, although I don't know that I have read any of her books before. I have to admit I was probably just a little leery. I really enjoyed how she combined the Amish lifestyle with the English lifestyle.


Amelia take a wrong turn, gets a flat tire, and ends up at a cabin. This cabin is being occupied by Michael, an Amish young man who isn't sure what path his life is going to take.

Amelia needed a small break from her life and she goes back to the Amish community for a few days. Oh what fun it would be to observe the Amish from the inside.

These two young people deal with their differences in backgrounds as they try to forge ahead with a friendship.

Bethany House Publishers gave me this book to read and review. If you are interested in reading this book, you can check it out on amazon, or you are more than welcome to borrow my copy!

If interested in getting books from Bethany House, you can fill out the application here.

2 comments:

  1. I read and reviewed this book also - it was interesting, although not my favorite Lewis book. Did you have a favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the part where she got to spend time with the Amish and be a part of them. Did you have a favorite part? I haven't read any other Lewis books to compare this one to.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...