Monday, February 29, 2016

March Mortgage Update


I really feel like God has been teaching me a lot about finances recently. I feel like we have been bombarded with decent sized bill after bill. 

Then I had a baby in December, so we have to pay the deductible for that. Then I decide to be in the hospital for 6 days and have major surgery in January. Once again, that deductible. We haven't seen all those bills yet, and I am currently dealing with some charges that should be paid. Fun right?! 

My mom and I have talked a few times about how when it rains it pours. But, you know what? God is faithful and has provided so far. Super thankful for an emergency fund and also for two dependents that make a better tax refund! 

Needless to say, our mortgage hasn't been a priority. I am encouraged to know that once we get through these things, we can once again really focus on the mortgage. 

Breakdown of Extra Money 
  • $6.32 ebates- gotta love money from shopping online
  • 35- my blow money

Totals

Since our update in February, we have been able to pay $534 from our principle. Giving us a total of $3212 for our year. Leaving us with $2678 in order to reach our 6k for the year. 

2 comments:

  1. You've been through a lot lately, Lydia, and the fact that you're able to put any extra money towards your principle right now is fantastic. You guys are doing a great job! And yay for extra money in your tax refund! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super thankful for extra tax money that is already spent on medical. Glad we had it though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...