Sunday, February 11, 2018

Cozy Up With Some Good Books


Power Plates: 100 Nutritionally Balanced, One-Dish Vegan Meals was a cookbook that fit my qualifications for a good cookbook. Great pictures to go along with the recipes. I don't know why, but I feel like this helps me to know if I would want to cook the food.

That being said, I definitely can not see myself becoming vegan. Some of the ingredients in this book were so foreign to me. Would be a great resource for people who were vegans, though!

Thanks to Blogging For Books for a copy of this book.



Out of the Ashes is the second book in a series, and a great sequel to the first book. I loved how the author used some really tough times in some of the character's lives in order to allow them to come to come to God.

I was challenged to make sure that my hardships need to help push me towards God and not push me farther from God.

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of this book.



Secret Keeper Girl: The Power of Modesty for Tweens is a great resource for modesty for girls. Both my toddlers enjoyed flipping through the book and seeing the pictures in the book. Hopefully, they will like the book just as much in the next few years.

I like that this book has more of a magazine feel to it than a book feel. I think that this would help the tween to actually pick up the book and read the book. Such a needed topic for young girls.

Thanks to Moody for a copy of this book.

2 comments:

  1. All three books sound good, Lydia! I think I could become a vegan, if I lived alone. LOL :) It's too hard to do as a family because I regularly have so many varied palates to please. That's part of the reason we eat pasta more than a lot of people. Pasta can easily be adapted (toppings-wise) to please different people and we can enjoy it without meat much of the time. Maybe when my kids are all grown, I can go vegan. :) Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things that would change without a family! Of course not worth the trade!! Thanks for reading and sharing, Sandra!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...