Thursday, June 12, 2014

36 Weeks and My Husband's Birthday



I have struggled this past week and a half with the unknown outcome of this pregnancy, vaginal delivery or c-section. When my midwife first said to me that we might have to look at scheduling a c-section, I would have done just about anything to avoid a section. I still am doing my best to avoid a section, but I know God is giving me this trial to teach me about Himself.

I have had this easy pregnancy, and because of that, I think that I have everything under control. Guess what?! I don't; only God does. I have to keep reminding myself that God's plan is the best and if that means c-section, then all will be ok. 

My cousin and I were talking on the phone the other night, and she was telling me about struggling with a situation and that ultimately it was her pride that was getting in her way. I had to stop and think, I am being proud that I want to experience labor. I want to do thins my way. Crazy, right? As long as baby and I are both healthy, should I be concerned about how baby gets here? Believe me, I am still doing what I can to fight off the c-section, but I am also doing what I can to fight off my trying to be in control instead of God. Worrying about what is beyond my control is not healthy either. 

Would you do me a huge favor? Would you pray that this baby will flip so that I can deliver this baby without having to go through a c-section?

How far along? 36 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 25 pounds

Sleep: Other than always wishing for more, sleep has been going pretty well.

Best moment this week: Having the whole day Monday to spend with my husband and not having anywhere to go! 

Today is also my husband's birthday which is extra special!!
Miss Anything? The feeling of having any clue what is going to happen with this pregnancy.

Movement: Still kicking!

Symptoms: I have felt a little crampy a few days. So weird how our body adjusts to get ourselves ready for things.

Food cravings: Nope

Wedding rings on or off? on 

Looking forward to: getting to see our little one next week! We are having an ultrasound on Thursday to see the positioning of our baby.

Appointments: Got my exciting strep test done. Pretty normal appointment other than that. 
          
In case you missed my last post, you can see my 35 week update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...