Thursday, June 12, 2014

Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less {Book Review}

Blogging for Books just recently added several different selections of books. I was super excited to see that they offered different business books. I can't say that I am all into business books, but I do like a good business book on occasion.

Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less was the book I chose to read. This book is written from a mentality of being profitable in the business world, but many of the principals are beneficial to to everyday life.


Greg discusses about making sure you find what you are good at doing and focus on that thing. He says that when we focus on lots of different things, we spin our wheels and don't really get anything done well. When we focus on one thing that we are good at doing, we are then able to do that thing well. One thing I like is that Greg gives us little drawings to help show his principles. Kinda like reading a picture book!

One thing I have heard others focus on recently was also talked about in this book. We need to pick the most important thing in our day and focus on that thing first. Other things need to be put on the back burner until that important thing is done. Great way to start out my to do list for the day. My main thing that needs to be done followed by everything else. 

Challenging? Yes! I felt freedom to say no to some things. I also am realizing that I need to pick the most important thing in my day and make sure that I focus on that. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...