Thursday, January 23, 2014

How To Take and Print Your Own Passport Photo

Sometimes I blog for my own reference. I thought this summer before going to Panama that I had posted about taking and printing your own passport photo. Apparently, I didn't. So now, here it is. 

Is it allowed?
At first, I wondered if taking your own picture was allowed. The website for the U.S. Passports and International Travel has instructions on how to take your own picture, so I began thinking the process is just fine. 

Our passports were approved with the pictures that we took and printed ourselves. I just looked and some places charge $10 for photos. Not cool.

What are the requirements for the photo?
The U.S Passports and International Travel website states the following guidelines:
  • In color
  • Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
  • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
  • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
  • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
  • With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
What do I do after I take the picture?
You go to the Photo Composition Template and upload your picture. Adjust to the size needed and follow their directions. Pretty simple. Print off the picture and you are ready to go! 

Have any of you ever taken a passport photo at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...