Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jumpin' on the Door Paintin' Band Wagon

A little while ago, I got two coupons for free pints of paint. Perfect amount to paint a door. Scott has always been determined to paint our front door red. We got some red rock paint, but decided that the middle of winter was not the best time to paint the door. Then we seriously started looking at houses, and we decided to wait until we had a house to paint the door.

This project wasn't a has to be done to move in project. While we were changing the locks, my SIL decided that she would take on this project for us. Didn't take too much to convince me on that one!

Before
After (sorry this pic is so dark)
Our house has an old door for now, so painting the door gave the door new life. I was hoping that the painting would bring the house a little more up to date, but the screen door kinda hides the door. 


Now, you can see the door! We decided not to paint those diamonds into order to do something to them. My MIL votes for a stain. I am kinda thinking an accent color. I would love to hear your thoughts. There are those dark screw in the middle, so think about that before you weight in your choice of what we should do.


My favorite part of this project, no cost! And the fact that my SIL graciously did the work for us.

8 comments:

  1. I love the red color you chose! Your door looks great! Using a paint sample to paint the door is brilliant! Thanks for linking this up to Frugal Crafty Home!
    CarrieThisHome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend had used samples on her door and that is where I got the idea. Thanks for stopping by Carrie!

      Delete
  2. Congrat for your new house!!! The door looks great, nice shade of red, you shouldn't paint the diamons,it's perfect like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pascaline! We will enjoy the diamonds as is for now. Maybe they will grow on me like this. Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  3. The door looks great! Maybe an accent color would allow the door to pop even more through the screen door. Painting really does update something, doesn't it? Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Betsy! Hope you are enjoying being a mom :)

      Delete
  4. The door looks great! And it's fun to hear about your new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! It is great to finally be settled in!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...