Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Sweatshirt Skirt {I Love Mine!}


I am in love with this skirt. Never thought I would say that I was in love with a skirt :) I have even played volleyball in this skirt twice and was not bothered by the fact that I was in a skirt. Guess I might need to be careful sometimes :)


I was given some old sweatshirts and was trying to decide what to do with them. I make a laptop sleeve for my husband and then I came across this tutorial for a skirt.

The skirt was super easy to make. I whipped it out in not much time.

I didn't have a drawstring to use for the waist, and my husband suggested using ribbon. I did just that and love how well it works! I am blessed to have a great husband!

Thanks to my momma and my husband for taking pictures for me.

2 comments:

  1. I am a super novice sewer, but I think I could actually do this one. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could! Just sewing up the side seams. Getting the angle right is the hardest part, but you can always fix the angle is you don't get it right the first time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...