Sunday, March 3, 2013

Outrageous Courage by Kris Vallotton {Book Review}



Tracy Evans' life has made such an impact on the author's life that he wanted to get her story in print. Tracy tells about the things that she has experienced in life. She has followed God in obedience that has brought her to and through some extreme situations.

After reading this book, I was challenged to think, what am I holding back because I am afraid of what will happen to me because of my obedience. Tracy challenges us to give up the worries of the world in order to have an impact for Christ. I need to be giving more of myself.

You may call me leery, but Tracy also dealt a some with the supernatural aspects of life. I always wonder a little bit about the truth of the supernatural. I know God is completely able, but at the same time there are a lot of people that make up things just to make money. Makes me be a little suspicious. And maybe that is wrong of me.

I am thankful that Chosen Books has allowed me to read this book.

Linking to Reading List.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review of this book, and your thoughts and even doubts about some of it - - At “Tell Me a Story.” Yes, the supernatural is real, both sides, and I chose TRUTH. Many today (even Christians) turn their back on The Gifts of the Holy Spirit, on miracles, healing, and may I suggest from the other side: refuse to consider oppression by spiritual forces. Many today who wallow in self pity and brokenness, are not willing to change their thinking and begin to quote positive scriptures about being bold and knowing who we serve and that Jesus will bring us through every optical.
    Peter Pollock will have a blog carnival Tuesday and the word is SADNESS and letting it go. I have a thought for a post and was hesitating, but your post has encouraged me to go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...