Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clean Your Oven with Items in Your Cupboard

One of my goals for this week was to clean out my oven. 

I have this fear of cleaning out ovens. Part of the reason why I have been married over a year before I gave my oven a good cleaning. Gasp! The oven needed some attention.

You may be thinking, why do you fear cleaning the oven? Well you see I cleaned my parents oven one time, and the next time they used it the element went out. The clean oven wasn't able to be used. And it wasn't cheap to fix. 

Now, I just try to avoid the cleaning and if the inevitable happens, I am afraid to touch the element. 

I decided the dreaded needed done, but we don't own oven cleaner. I didn't want to buy any. So what do you do when you want to find a cleaner? I turned to pinterest to find a recipe.


I can't say that I was all into following their directions, so I just dumped some baking soda, vinegar, and dawn in the bottom of my oven. I rubbed it around, let it sit while I got supper ready, and then I came back to scrub.

Worked well, except that I need to do it more often! 

I love that I had everything in my cupboard already.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Way to get it done. I'm so glad you shared at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...