Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Cozy Up With Some Good Books



Longing for Motherhood was a good read for me. I know I can't relate to moms who can't be mothers, but I can learn to try to empathize with them better. This book helped me to see a little into their mindset.

I also think that several of the principles of this book would be helpful during any difficult time. I really liked that she encouraged friends to weep with those who weep. Sometimes, it isn't helpful to just be told that everything will be ok. Sometimes, we need someone to be sad with us.

Thanks to Moody for a copy of this book.




Secret Keeper Girl: The Power of Modesty for Tweens is a great resource for modesty for girls. Both my toddlers enjoyed flipping through the book and seeing the pictures in the book. Hopefully, they will like the book just as much in the next few years.

I like that this book has more of a magazine feel to it than a book feel. I think that this would help the tween to actually pick up the book and read the book. Such a needed topic for young girls.

Thanks to Moody for a copy of this book.

1 comment:

  1. These sound like good books, Lydia! Thanks for sharing these reviews. As for modesty, for us, modeling it and having conversations about clothing and how the Lord wants us to dress have been key for our family. It is hard to shop for modest clothing for young girls these days because clothes seem to be low cut and even awkwardly cut and just plain too short. We press on though and keep looking until we find what we feel is appropriate and honoring to the Lord. I'm glad my daughters are onboard with this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...