Friday, March 31, 2017

Cozy Uo With Some Good Books


All the Pretty Things was an interesting read. Another biography were the author grows up in far from ideal circumstances. Makes me so thankful for the family that I grew up in. Edie had struggled through relationships to find God and struggled to really plant her faith in God. But she did and thrived for it.

Towards the end of the book, her family suffered a house fire. I was encouraged to read the raw emotions that she had at that time as I could totally relate. 

Thanks to Tyndale for a copy of this book.


Conspiracy of Silence would be a great book for someone who likes history and a little adventure. I had a hard time getting in the stage that was set for the historical aspect, so I decided to give myself grace to not finish reading.

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of this book.

 

In the Shadow of Denali was a fun read about the Alaskan territory. A little romance, suspense, and mystery. Those three things make a book better!

I loved seeing the characters struggle with their relationships with God during the hard times as this helped me to know that I can struggle and grow during my hard times as well.

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of this book.



The Kindness Challenge is one of those books that you love to hate. I always thought I was a pretty kind person. Ha! I have how much I struggle at times to show kindness to people. Kindness really is a lot more than just not saying mean things about others.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for a copy of this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...