Thursday, March 24, 2016

Cozy Up With Some Good Books

Rising Darkness is one of those books that you cannot put down. Loved it.

I love the action that is in this book. I have read another book by Nancy Mehl, and I didn't think that this one was a little more predictable since it was similar to her other book. Still I could not put it down. All I can say, if you can throw a little adventure into a book and keep it clean, I am all over it.

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of Rising Darkness.






When I first looked at Renovating Your Marriage Room by Room, I was thinking why did I ask to review this book. I was like I will just really quickly skim it.

I actually enjoyed this book. I think the area that challenged me the most was that I can't look to my husband for fulfillment. If I look to him for fulfillment, then I am making him an idol and placing him in front of God. Convicting.

Thanks to Moody for a copy of Renovating Your Marriage Room by Room.




 I have been intrigued by all the people who have talked about the concept of Feng Shui. Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui (Revised and Updated)

The first chapter weirded me out a little as it talked about the feelings of items. I knew this part was coming, so I just skimmed and kept going.

I was intrigued by how Karen talks about how possessions have an impact on our life. Makes sense. If our house is cluttered, it depresses us. If we like the things in our house and they make us happy, then we are happy.

I was a little surprised that this book dealt with cleaning your insides and being healthy.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for a copy of Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui (Revised and Updated)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these reviews. I wonder if the new trend that's going on now with the konmari method is something like feng shui. It sounds similar, and I'm not really interested in either. LOL :) Renovating Your Marriage Room by Room sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sound similar. I am not that familiar with either. I just know that clutter can hang over your head! You do well at getting rid of things. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...