Thursday, December 31, 2015

Cozy Up With Some Good Books

Sometimes when a book is written by someone famous who isn't known for writing, I get a little leery. I did however really enjoy this book. Very well written.

Korie talked in Strong and Kind: And Other Important Character Traits Your Child Needs to Succeed about different character traits that she thinks are important to instill in children. She and Willie also give some practical ways to instill these principles. I need to start thinking about how I want to instill these principles in my girl's lives. Good character isn't going to just happen, I need to be intentional.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers for a copy of this book.


 
The last month, I have thought a lot about how Mary must have felt about giving birth to Jesus. I can't really imagine the things that she felt. Thinking about these things, Dear Mary: Lessons From the Mother of Jesus for the Modern Mom held some interest for me.

I was not a big fan of this book though. I felt more like this was an autobiography than teaching me lessons. I was looking more for lessons that Mary might have learned. Guess I need to read a little more about what a book is about before I decide to read it!

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of
Dear Mary.


Instant Happy Journal: 365 Days of Inspiration, Gratitude, and Joy is a fun journal to use. There is a quote on each page and the layout is fun. If you want to do a quick journal for everyday of the year, this would be great for you.

Thanks to Blogging for books for a copy of Instant Happy Journal.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your book reviews, Lydia, and love that you share your honest opinions. :) I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...