Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cozy Up with Some Good Books

Henry Hodges Needs a Friend was quite a cute book. Henry needs a friend, and his parents help him to find one. I love that they go to the pound to find a dog. My husband and I had a good time searching many local pounds for out dog. I think it would be fun someday to take my daughter to the pound just to visit the dogs.

The pictures in this book are adorable. I will look forward to reading this book many more times to my daughter!

 Thanks to BookLook Bloggers Henry Hodges Needs a Friend.




My mom was talking to me a while ago about people who cook a lot in a pressure cooker. I have to admit that this made me a little curious. When I saw, The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Machine, Both Stovetop and Electric was available to review, I wanted to check it out.

What impressed me about this book is how fast you can cook a meal in a pressure cooker. No waiting all day for the meal to get done.

What I didn't like is that I need a special pan to use these recipes. Yes, I did already know that! I did wish that there were pictures in this book. I like being able to see a picture of a recipe that I am thinking about making.

Thanks to Blogging for Books The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Machine, Both Stovetop and Electric.

2 comments:

  1. Both of those books sound like good ones. :) We've never used a pressure cooker before, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is/how it works from the infomercials. I'd certainly like to try one out someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh informercials! I only have a huge daddy pressure cooker that I use for canning. I could cook a lot of food in that!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...