Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentine's Day Hearts of Encouragement

Are you ready for my lack of creativity?! I am doing the same thing for my husband for Valentine's Day this year as I did last year.

I am all for super simple! My husband and I have read The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts, so I know that one of my husband's love languages is words of encouragement. I highly recommend this book for couples or just for individuals.


I will be writing on a heart for my husband every day in February until Valentine's Day. 

What I did:

1. Got a template for the hearts. If you are a better artist than me, freehand them! I made an image in google docs and then printed the shape for a template. I did a few different sizes.

2. Cut out 14 hearts. Use different colors be creative! Part of mine are from an old map.

3. Write on the hearts something encouraging and put up one per day. Starting February 1st, put up one heart per day until Valentine's Day. My hearts in the pictures don't have words on yet, because that would ruin the fun for my husband! They will by the end.

I have heard of people doing this activity for their kids as well. Not sure our little one would quite enjoy this activity yet this year though :)

This is an affiliate post.

Linked to The Pin Junkie, The Craft Dictator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...