Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Countdown to Chrtismas

My friend Cindy challenged some of her friends to do an advent activity at their houses. 

I know advent activities sound fun, but I guess I always think that they are something that would be more enjoyable with kids in the house. So, I tend to put this idea off. 


Well, this time of year you see lots of advent ideas. I always was feeling guilty that I was not focusing more on the advent. Then I saw a definition of advent which was something like the coming or arrival, especially of something extremely important. 

Why am I not focusing on the advent even if it isn't with some sort of fun activity. 

I wanted some Bible verses to make me think about the arrival of my Savior. 

Life got in the way, and I didn't find anything I liked super well. I really just wanted a simple list. I have to admit, I didn't look for super long. 

Well, my same friend posted a list of verses. Just what I wanted! God has His unique way of bringing us back to what we should do. I am going to share them with you. I would challenge you to print them off and read them between now and Christmas. 


Catch up, I had to! 

I really liked this mornings reading because it had to deal with what my girls have been learning about in Sunday School. We have been talking about the Abrahamic Covenant. We haven't gotten past the Old Testament, but we know that Jesus is part of the fulfillment. Jeremiah 33:14-16 lays that right out there. 

Focus this year on the extremely important coming of JESUS! Presents, trees, gifts, and Christmas songs would be nothing without the coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...