Last year for Christmas, I made my niece this photo recognition book. What a fun project to make!
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from the step by step process, but I will do my best to share with you what I did.
- I bought a board book. Doesn't matter what is on the book, you will cover it up!
- You will want to decide on what you want on pages and who you want to go where. I doubled up the aunts and uncles to make everyone fit.
- I took pictures of all family members to use. You want a head shot of just the people. I did both sides of the family for my niece.
- Decide on front and back pictures. You can see my examples above.
- I measured the pages of the book and uploaded the pictures into Word. I made the pictures the size of the page and then added a black text box with white writing. Some of you might be better at the computer aspect, but Word was what I had, and I made it work.
- Print pictures. I did them at home.
- Trace around the pages on the back of the picture. Most board books have round edges. Use an exacto knife to cut around the pictures.
- Spray the back of the picture with spray adhesive and attach to the book. I would do one page at a time and let them dry.
- You are done! Enjoy!