Saturday, July 6, 2013

How to Get Rid of Japanese Beetles

We have been getting Japanese Beetles on our corn this year. I turned to good ole' trusty Pinterest to find a way to get rid of them, but did find much there.

I learned that you can plant garlic to defer them. A little late for that! Or put kerosene in a jar. Don't have any kerosene.


What I ended up doing was filling an old salsa jar with old dish water. I used a fork to scoop them down in the water. 

Once I got them all, I put the lid on to make sure they stayed. I have been going out a few times a day to get rid of them. If you come to our back door, you will be greeted by dead Japanese Beetles! Who wants to come visit :)

What do you do to get rid of Japanese beetles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...