Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Evolution of the Swimsuit

This video about the evolution of the swimsuit has been floating around facebook. I didn't watch the video right away. After the link popped up several times, I decided to see what all the hoopla was about.

My husband and I watched this video and thought the point of modesty was very well brought out. I personally don't want a guy looking at me as an object.



I was thinking about this video this afternoon and I became very thankful about the fact that my mother made me be modest. You know those swimsuits like the one in this picture. 


Ya, she never let me get one. I did not like this idea because I wanted one back in the 80s when they were way cool  :)

But my mom wanted me to learn how to be modest. Wasn't thankful for this fact then, but I am now. I have a mom who cares about my future and what others will think about me. 

After watching this video, has your thinking been changed at all about modesty or swimsuits?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this video. I had seen it shared quite a few times on Facebook as well but hadn't taken the time to watch it. I appreciate the simple and concise way that she shares her message. Personally I think it is good to go a little farther in covering up than her swimsuits are but I agree that those are far better than bikinis. Also I do think that you can be both modest and fashionable/attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Abbi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Part of me does wish that she would have left off the pictures of her swimsuits, but then again, that is part of her agenda to make sales. I do like the fact that she get us as girls to think about what we are doing with our bodies.

      Delete
  2. I think there has been a rebellion with some women who want to wear a nice swim suit but want one that is modest. I was able to purchase a two piece. The bottoms are almost like shorts and cover you nicely. The top is also modest and cute.

    Thanks for sharing at "Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree that there are some great swimsuits out there! Definitely a plus :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this video too! I later went to visit her swimsuit website and loved all her designs. Very talented young lady!

    Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from the 'Cozy Book Hop'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to check out her website. I do love her push for girls to think about what they are doing with their bodies.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...