Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pinterest Inspiration: Baby Hats

Recently my friend Cindy delivered her baby prematurely. I really wanted to do something to encourage her, but I felt so far away.

Praying became my only and most important resource for a while. I learned that I had to place Cindy and Hudson in God's hands.

I sent Cindy a gift card for a meal, since I could not personally deliver one. I also asked her what she would like for Hudson. She suggested I crochet a hat. The only problem with that is that Hudson would probably be 15 by the time I got it done. 

Next best option, or so I thought, was to go to Meijer and buy some hats. So, I did for 7.00. Not bad for 5 hats but not very personable. 


Then I though, there is this wonderful world of pinterest. I searched to see what I could find. I decided to see what I could come up with. I found an old camp shirt where Cindy and I use to work together. 

Oh so tiny! 


Here is a picture of the hat on his head.


I also decided to make this owl hat.  It turned out a little bigger, but he will grow into the hat before I would have crocheted one.


My hats might not have been as perfect as the store bought ones, but I was happy with the personal, unique aspect of them. And the store bought hats got taken back. Thanks anyway Gerber. 

What have you recently made from pinterest?

Linked up to Romance On a Dime

4 comments:

  1. I like the hats you made for your friend's cute little baby. A hat like that keeps their head warm even in the house. The owl hat is cute and the one from the shirt is something she will treasure. Thank you for sharing at "Tell Me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really good job on those hats, I always have a hard time figuring out what gifts to give people. I want it to be something that they can really use not something they throw in a drawer and forget about. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! This is such a great idea for a gift. So glad you linked up at Romance on a dime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be able to sew... but never knit. You did a cute and lovely "job" to create a hat for the baby. You were a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...