Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe: Oatmeal Pancakes

Do you like my fancy plate?
My husband has been quite the pancake maker here recently...and let me tell ya, I really like it!

I was at my parents the other day and my mom had made these pancakes. I had to ask her for the recipe. The recipe originally came from my Great Grandma and uses less flour than the normal.

Oatmeal Pancakes
Mix: 1 1/2 c. rolled oats & 2 c. sour milk (My mom used part yogurt- would be great for my homemade yogurt!)
Let stand for a short time.
Beat in
  • 1/2 c. flour (we used whole wheat)
  • 1 t. soda
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. sugar
Makes 12 4" pancakes. This is a thin batter.
 
These are very filling and taste very good...especially if your husband makes them for you :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...