Thursday, September 15, 2016

Cozy Up With Some Good Books

 I loved this book. Scott and I just talked last night about how many American live a lonely life. We currently live in a village. I do a decent amount of walking in our village and we never see people out and about. We live so much of our lives in our houses. We come in our garage, go in our house, and never see people. I was convicted and challenged.

This book wasn't just about building a community with our neighbors, but about being intentional about building a community. I know this is some thing that I need to work on.

Thanks to Moody for a copy of Life in Community.


All But Normal is a memoir that presents a life that just leaves you saying wow. We are so tempted to judge kids behaviors when sometimes we need to look at their family and see what is going on there. This book is one of those times. What a family life. And how encouraging that good can come from a situation that is not the best.

I was also challenged to look at someone who may have some kind of handicap ans not be judgmental. They might not be able to do something as well as me, but they can do somethings better, like love without judging.

Thanks to Tyndale for a copy of this book.


Natural Color made me want to go buy some fabric, go pick some things outside and start to dye. I just don't know what I would do with all that when I was done.

Different ideas for projects were given and with each project was given a different idea from nature that you could dye with. The items from nature were then divided up into seasons. What a fun book!

Thanks to Blogging for Books for a copy of this book.

  I know this book was written for young princesses, but I think it is geared for a little older than my 2 year old.

This book contained lots of ideas for putting things in a treasure box for your girls. The lists were at the end of the chapter for quick scanning. Part of me wishes they were in paragraph form because quick scanning for me became quick skipping over.

Thanks to Tyndale for a copy of the book Raising a Young Modern-Day Princess.


The Domino Effect was all about the stock market crashing and what one analyst did about this fact in order to keep the stock market worldwide from crashing.

Suspense and a little romance kept this book going. Great read that was a little different from my normal.

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of the book The Domino Effect.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these reviews, Lydia. Life in Community and All But Normal sound like good reads. :) By the way, I saw that you uploaded a new video! I'll be watching it very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by in the middle of your crazy life! Can't wait to hear all that is going on with you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...