Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cozy Up With Some Good Books

 I remember reading Pilgrim's Progress when I was in either 3rd or 4th grade.One of the books that we read at school that I can still remember reading. Plus the story lines truths are fantastic.

So, when I saw that Little Pilgrim's Progress: From John Bunyan's Classic was available to review, I jumped on getting the book. I remember being in bed with my mom reading books. This book is one that I would love to keep that tradition on going with my children.

I really like that this book is split up into short chapters. There are 93 chapters in the book. Would be great for days that you don't have much time to read. Or you could please a child by reading several!

 Thanks to Moody for allowing me to review this book.


When I got this book in the mail, Esther was excited. She reached up because she wanted to see the book. Thankfully, the book has thick pages so I was able to hand this down to her to look at. Initial reaction to The Berenstain Bears Storybook Bible for Little Ones (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) was very positive.

I did like that these were all Bible stories that the bears were included in the pictures. The stories that I have read so far have been right on target.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers for a copy of The Berenstain Bears Storybook Bible for Little Ones (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights).



 You know, that I like to fit a good fiction book in to be able to relax. Refining Fire was another good book to read. Once again, there was some sex trafficking included in this book. Obviously not modern day. :)

I did have to take some time to get into this book. The girls are living in a house where they are learning to get married. I was amazed how little these girls had been given in life and yet they were some of the most giving people out there. Great reminder to me that I need to be giving to others.

Thanks to Bethany House for the opportunity to review Refining Fire.



Live Free: Eliminate the If Onlys and What Ifs of Life was one of those books that after I got it, I wasn't sure that I was truly going to like the book. However, I did really enjoy the book.

I enjoyed getting to use this book as part of my devotions. I really like the verse Phil 4:8 that tells me to think on things that are true. This book goes along those lines with this verse by "eliminating the if onlys and what ifs of life."

Our pastor also shared the quote recently that "contentment comes from trusting God."

All these things have come together and been convicting in my life. I needed to read this book!

Thanks to Moody for allowing me to review Live Free: Eliminate the If Onlys and What Ifs of Life.

A Jewish Baker's Pastry Secrets: Recipes from a New York Baking Legend for Strudel, Stollen, Danishes, Puff Pastry, and More makes me want to make some yummy sweet rolls.

When I first started flipping through this book, I was a little overwhelmed. The recipes are pretty intense. After looking a little closer, what I really like is that most of the recipes follow basic recipes and then just vary them for the result. Makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for a copy of A Jewish Baker's Pastry Secrets: Recipes from a New York Baking Legend for Strudel, Stollen, Danishes, Puff Pastry, and More.

2 comments:

  1. All of those books sound interesting, Lydia. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...