Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Few Fun Reads


I love all the pictures in A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space. The book is like a glorified magazine or a blog in print version. There are several different DIY ideas that you can use in your house. The ideas aren't so exact that you can't make it work for you. One idea I liked is taking a ladder, putting boards across the rungs, and using the boards as shelves. You can also check out the author's blog at A Beautiful Mess.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for a copy of A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space.

 

Once again, I love this serious of books and King David did not disappoint. For a person that doesn't really like history, this book brings the history to life in a great way. I really can't wait til Esther is old enough that we can look at this book together.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers for a copy of King David.

 

Playing by Heart was one of those books that took a little time for me to get into. The main character in this book was a teacher. I found it interesting different things that a teacher wasn't allowed to do while teaching. The lady teachers were not allowed to date at all. Wow!

I was also encouraged to find how the main character was willing to give up her own dreams to help out her family. Am I really willing to give of myself to my family?

Thanks to Bethany House for a copy of Playing by Heart.

This post contains affiliate posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...