Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What kind of example am I being?

Sunday school this past Sunday was one of those services that I knew I needed to be in to hear the challenge presented to me.

The parable of the tares among the wheat in Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43 was presented. I have to admit that I was not very familiar with this parable.

source
My Sunday school teacher was talking about how the tares grow and look just like the wheat. Not until harvest, can the sower do anything about the tares. The tares are bitter tasting and poisonous.

We are told that the wheat is the children of the kingdom or the saved. The tare is the children of the wicked one or the unsaved.

We talked some about what we are suppose to do with the tares. How we should treat them and the influence we need to have on them. They will be among us until God judges them when He comes again.

I got to thinking about our little one that we have. Right now, she is a child of the wicked one. I hate to think of her that way, but the truth of the matter is that she is depraved. I got to thinking about my husband and my huge responsibility to raise this little one to become wheat or a child of the kingdom.

I know Esther is still young, but I had to think about what am I doing to direct our little one to Christ. Honestly, at this point there is only so much that I can be doing to get her to realize her need for Christ. However, there is a lot that I can be doing in my own life to make sure that I am an example to her of what a Godly woman should be like.

Challenging? Yes. I need to be living the life that I want my daughter to mimic someday.

What do you do to instill Biblical truths in your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...