Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Family Baking Day

My family over the last few years has gotten together and baked as a family sometime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. We split what we make, so that we can all have a little of everything. 

I stash some in my freezer, so that we can enjoy cookies for the next few weeks. This strategy keeps us from eating them all right away and regretting that decision :)

I loved getting to bake with my nieces and nephew. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with my nephew. His head is in the second picture, but that is all I got. They are at the stage where they want to know what is happening, and they want to help. What fun! 




One of the things I made were honey cookies. The smell and taste took me back to my great grandma's house. She almost always had some honey cookies in her house.

Do you have any fun baking traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...